- A straight tapering root growing vertically downward and forming the center from which subsidiary rootlets spring.More example sentences
- At each harvest date, three vessels of three plants each or six plants were separated into leaves, stems, taproots, lateral roots, flowers, pods, and grains.
- At each harvest date, 12 plants were separated into leaves, stems, taproots, and lateral roots.
- Harvested plants were separated into lateral roots, taproots, remaining leaves and stems in the crown, and regrowing leaves and stems.
More definitions of taprootDefinition of taproot in:
- The British & World English dictionary