- A difficult problem that is only aggravated by attempts to solve it.More example sentences
- What makes their revolution even more unlikely is that they have collectively picked up the two ‘tar babies’ of American swimming - club support/development and governance.
- I don't know how we would have let go of that tar baby once we had grabbed hold of it.
- Yes, this is the enigmatic legacy of the 1960s, that tar baby of American cultural politics.
with allusion to the doll smeared with tar as a trap for Brer Rabbit, in J. C. Harris's Uncle Remus.
More definitions of tar babyDefinition of tar baby in:
- The British & World English dictionary