- 1Any plant of the genus Taraxacum (daisy family), including the dandelion.More example sentences
- Like the taraxacums, these plants flower in springtime and reproduce apomictically.
- The species of Taraxacum are tap-rooted biennial or perennial herbaceous plants, native to temperate areas of the Northern Hemisphere of the Old World.
- I've used them for the vast array of spring greens I love as well as various kinds of kale and cultivated Taraxacums.
- 1.1A preparation of the dried roots of this, used medicinally.More example sentences
- Taraxacum was established as a drug in Europe in the 16th Century.
early 18th century: from medieval Latin altaraxacon, via Arabic from Persian talḵ 'bitter' + čaḵūḵ 'purslane'.