noun[usually as modifier] • trademark
- A type of convertible sports car with hood or panel that can be removed, especially leaving a central roll bar for passenger safety: a targa roofMore example sentences
- Though the Italian supercar is actually 44 lb lighter than the Porsche, the Ferrari should have a weight advantage because its roof is fixed, whereas the German contender has removable targa panels.
- Toyota introduced the Soarer Aero Cabin in 1989, which was equipped with an electronically operated metal-top targa roof.
- In my gown I pulled off the targa top and headed towards Spago.
Italian, literally 'shield', given as a name to a model of Porsche with a detachable hood (1965), probably suggested by the Targa Florio ( 'Florio Shield'), a motor time trial held annually in Sicily.
More definitions of targaDefinition of targa in:
- The British & World English dictionary