Definition of tarpan in English:
A grayish wild horse that was formerly common in eastern Europe and western Asia, exterminated in 1919.
- Equus caballus gomelini, family Equidae
- They essentially tried to do the same thing with the tarpans and the forest bison and some other animals.
- Surprisingly like tarpans in skull and build, the mares were bred to Przewalski stallions.
- It took several generations to bring back wild horses that most closely resemble the original tarpan.
Definition of tarpan in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.