Definition of tarpan in English:
A grayish wild horse that was formerly common in eastern Europe and western Asia, exterminated in 1919.
- Equus caballus gomelini, family Equidae
- They essentially tried to do the same thing with the tarpans and the forest bison and some other animals.
- Surprisingly like tarpans in skull and build, the mares were bred to Przewalski stallions.
- It took several generations to bring back wild horses that most closely resemble the original tarpan.
Words that rhyme with tarpansampan
Definition of tarpan in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan