Definition of tarragon in English:
- Artemisia dracunculus, family Compositae
- The aniseed herbs, chervil, tarragon and fennel seem especially appropriate for summer.
- We live in an apartment, and although we do grow some things - mint, sage, thyme, tarragon, rosemary - rhubarb is not one of them.
- Line the base of the steamer with lettuce leaves and scatter with the basil, tarragon and rosemary.
Mid 16th century: representing medieval Latin tragonia and tarchon, perhaps from an Arabic alteration of Greek drakōn 'dragon' (by association with drakontion 'green dragon').
Words that rhyme with tarragonAragon, paragon
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.