Anatomy & Zoology
Definition of tarsal in English:
Of or relating to the tarsus: the tarsal claws of beetles
More example sentences
- The lateral terminal branch of the deep peroneal nerve sends fibers to the extensor digitorum brevis muscle and articular twigs to the tarsal joints.
- These areas include the plantar fascia, ankle joint, tarsal tunnel, interdigital space, and first metatarsophalangeal joint.
- In the most severe cases, the distal tips of the maxillary and labial palps are transformed to tarsal claws.
nounBack to top
A bone of the tarsus.
- We digitized the pelvis, femur, tibia, fibula, astragalus, calcaneum, distal tarsals, and metatarsals II-IV.
- The postcranial skeleton, and especially the vertebrae, carpals and tarsals, were very slow to ossify.
- Lungs are well developed, teeth are blade-like, carpal and tarsals ossified in adults, and the diploid number is 28.
Definition of tarsal in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan