- A type of upside-down apple tart consisting of pastry baked over slices of fruit arranged in caramelized sugar, served fruit side up after cooking.More example sentences
- Place a tarte Tatin on one end of a large rectangular plate.
- Cheese nuts will enjoy the cheesecakelike fromage blanc island, although my favorite was the button-size apple tarte Tatin, served with apple-green shavings of granita and a pinkish peppercorn ice cream.
- For the fig tarte Tatin: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and arrange six 4-inch non-stick tart molds on a sheet pan.
French, from tarte 'tart' + Tatin, the surname of the sisters said to have created the dish.
More definitions of tarte TatinDefinition of tarte Tatin in:
- The British & World English dictionary