noun(usually taste buds)
- Any of the clusters of bulbous nerve endings on the tongue and in the lining of the mouth that provide the sense of taste.More example sentences
- The taste bud contains neuroepithelial and supporting cells.
- At any one time less than a third of the cells in the taste bud are innervated.
- Anyways, they serve the tea in a tri-layer presentation at Mariposa, making it pretty for the eyes, refreshing to the taste bud, and soothing in the throat.
More definitions of taste budDefinition of taste bud in:
- The British & World English dictionary