Definition of tatsoi in English:
A kind of Chinese cabbage with glossy dark green leaves.
- Brassica rapa variety rosularis
- But the tatsoi type is a better choice because it has much shorter leaf stalks.
- In the early weeks of the winter share, members receive hardy late-season greens like kale, Brussels sprouts and tatsoi from the fields in addition to storage crops.
- Start lettuce, arugula and Chinese greens (including tatsoi and mizuna) by mid-October in cold frames (for late winter harvest) and in the ground (for early spring harvest).
Chinese daat-choi, from daat- 'sink, fall flat' + choi 'vegetable'.
Definition of tatsoi in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia