- A loss that can be offset against taxable profit earned elsewhere or in a different period.More example sentences
- At one time, owners of loss-making businesses could sell their companies along with their accumulated tax loss - often their only asset - to profitable companies.
- The Luse stock news also reports that BAT has declared a dividend of K7.74 per share in spite of the company recording an overall tax loss of K1,726 million.
- The best move now might be to sell your fund and take the tax loss on your 2005 taxes.
More definitions of tax lossDefinition of tax loss in:
- The British & World English dictionary