- A thick or padded cover placed over a teapot to keep the tea hot.More example sentences
- I think I must have looked a bit like a doll on a tea cosy!
- The only concession to summer is that most people have removed their hats except my grandmother (fifth from right) who is wearing a cross between a meringue and a tea cosy.
- Far from being risibly old-fashioned or nostalgic, the idea of knitting a tea cosy has enormous appeal for a whole generation of young women, as well as older ones.
More definitions of tea cozyDefinition of tea cozy in:
- The British & World English dictionary