Definition of teaching in English:
1The occupation, profession, or work of a teacher.
- This convergence has important implications for research and teaching in business schools.
- One weekend of TV coverage of their conference might well do more damage to the idea of teaching as a profession than any amount of strike action.
- The new institute is an independent body to register and administer the teaching profession across all school sectors in the state.
2 (teachings) Ideas or principles taught by an authority: the teachings of the Koran
More example sentences
- Christians relied on bishops to interpret Christian teachings and ensure correct belief.
- Nor is it an assault on people's right to disapprove of beliefs, teachings or practices of a religion.
- Imagine if the current contestants of Big Brother were asked to interpret the teachings of Allah?
Definition of teaching in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan