1The occupation, profession, or work of a teacher.
- This convergence has important implications for research and teaching in business schools.
- One weekend of TV coverage of their conference might well do more damage to the idea of teaching as a profession than any amount of strike action.
- The new institute is an independent body to register and administer the teaching profession across all school sectors in the state.
2 (teachings) Ideas or principles taught by an authority: the teachings of the Koran
More example sentences
- Christians relied on bishops to interpret Christian teachings and ensure correct belief.
- Nor is it an assault on people's right to disapprove of beliefs, teachings or practices of a religion.
- Imagine if the current contestants of Big Brother were asked to interpret the teachings of Allah?
Words that rhyme with teachingpreaching
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of teaching in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.