1A cup from which tea is drunk.
More example sentences
- The earliest EIC printed catalogue, from 1704, shows chocolate cups and teacups, both with saucers.
- His mother came in a moment later with a tray with two teacups full of coffee, some sugar and a small container of cream.
- Evangeline shrugged and gestured to the tray of teacups on the coffee table.
- More example sentences
- Drink one teacupful of plantain tea four to five times daily until relief is obtained.
- Beat the eggs light and add with the flour and a quarter of a teacupful of sweet milk.
- Cover with paste, and when the pie is baked, pour into it a large teacupful of cream.
Pronunciation: /-ˌfo͝ol/noun (plural teacupfuls)
Definition of teacup in:
- The British & World English dictionary