Definition of technic in English:
- Despite a caveat that he was ‘not up to date with the technic of the fighting tank,’ his article was well accepted by the journal's readership, while his celebrity enhanced the journal's professional standing.
- In the subcutaneous tissue - with the technic used in this investigation - these cells rarely show distinct transverse processes encircling the capillary.
- Even if it's just a technical problem, technic is made by man, and man can control it.
- Accordingly, the conference speakers included women and men involved in the philosophy of technics, history of science, chemical engineering, film history and criticism.
- Embedded within every technological system is a set of technics - fundamental physical materials, their properties, and the details of their use.
- A standard home CD player is one that has no burner technics built in.
- Example sentences
- Not only does pursuit of a technicist, consultant-driven strategy beget electoral failure; each failure becomes evidence for the need to depend even more on the presumptions of the failed strategy.
- In this context, ‘poetic art’ becomes the site where the historial poiesis of experience marks itself against the dominant technicist formations of the everyday.
- In a 1988 essay titled ‘Maps, Knowledge and Power’ he regrets that cartographic history has been dominated to date by a technicist teleology of evolving accuracy.
Early 17th century (as an adjective in the sense 'to do with art or an art'): from Latin technicus, from Greek tekhnikos, from tekhnē 'art'. The noun dates from the 19th century.
Words that rhyme with technicpolytechnic, pyrotechnic
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.