- 1A person employed to look after technical equipment or do practical work in a laboratory.More example sentences
- The team would also include two laboratory technicians well acquainted with gene technology and biochemical techniques.
- The same technician using the same equipment performed the echocardiography.
- The program he took is dual-purpose: to train construction equipment operators and technicians.
- 1.1An expert in the practical application of a science.More example sentences
- They have become huge international collaborations involving hundreds of scientists, technicians, and computer experts.
- The scientists, the technicians, the experts - they must know the answers to our questions.
- From there, he introduced other drivers and now the team runs smoothly with engine experts and software technicians aiding them from Italy.
- 1.2A person skilled in the technique of an art or craft.More example sentences
- Many see strategies and tactics slowly replacing the pure skilled technicians of yesterday.
- Danny is a fine character actor, a master technician of his craft, one of our best.
- We saw two highly skilled chess technicians at work.
More definitions of technicianDefinition of technician in:
- The British & World English dictionary