noun[treated as singular or plural]
- A group of technologists or technical experts having considerable control over the workings of industry or government.More example sentences
- Bigger was better, and the managerial class ‘technostructure’ that ran these big corporations would be the real source of power, without having to worry about crude things like profits.
- Broadly, he suggested that the ‘technostructure’ is motivated, not by profit as that goes to the shareholders, but by ‘technical virtuosity’ for its own sake, the approval of their peers, and the expansion of their departments.
- However, the emphasis is upon providing a service to support technostructure in a dynamic environment.
1960s: coined by J. K. Galbraith.
More definitions of technostructureDefinition of technostructure in:
- The British & World English dictionary