Definition of teff in English:
An African cereal that is cultivated almost exclusively in Ethiopia, used mainly to make flour.
- Eragrostis tef, family Gramineae
- It takes only one application to the seed of monocotyledonous crops such as wheat, rice, maize, teff, and sorghum to increase overall basic food production in any country where it is needed,’ he explains.
- The chief staple crops include a variety of grains, such as teff, wheat, barley, corn, sorghum, and millet; coffee; pulses; and oilseed.
- Corn, rice, wheat, quinoa, teff, and other grains provide steady energy and filling fiber.
late 18th century: from Amharic ṭêf.
Definition of teff in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan