Definition of telegraph plant in English:
A tropical Asian plant of the pea family whose leaves have a spontaneous jerking motion.
- Codariocalyx motorius (formerly Desmodium gyrans), family Leguminosae
- As far as I know the seeds of the telegraph plant need to be scarified before soaking them for the 12 hours.
- Also, look for the golden yellow blooms of snakeweed, turpentinebush, goldeneyes, and telegraph plants.
- The telegraph plant, Desmodium, exhibits a remarkable ` spontaneous’ gyration of the lateral leaflets, resulting from rhythmic up and down movements.
Definition of telegraph plant in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.