- An operator of a switchboard.More example sentences
- He went on to say that at one time there were 200 telephonists employed at the telephone exchange in Waterford but now there is not a single telephonist working here.
- But some 15 percent of staff, including telephonists, medical records, transport and security staff would have their jobs sold off to private firms.
- As the telephonist has classified the call as urgent another duty doctor telephones the patient back within three minutes, in order to determine the seriousness of the situation.
More definitions of telephonistDefinition of telephonist in:
- The British & World English dictionary