Definition of teleport in English:
(Especially in science fiction) transport or be transported across space and distance instantly.
- The demon shouted, and disappeared in a flash of light, instantly teleporting down into the depths of the earth.
- Unknown to him, however, he was about to be teleported to a secret space station orbiting the earth.
- Syn snapped his fingers and this man was teleported instantly onto the dais.
nounBack to top
1A center providing interconnections between different forms of telecommunications, especially one that links satellites to ground-based communications.
[ 1980s: originally the name of such a center in New York]
- Network operations and management will provide the monitoring and control of gateway terminals, teleports and communications payloads that are working as network resources.
- One of the things that we engineered and take pride in is having first-level backbone connectivity, putting a Squid caching engine at the teleport.
- Traders at the satellite exchange negotiate deals and define technical requirements, including providing advice on procurement of ground segment hardware and teleport services.
2An act of teleporting.
- I thought for a while, I never tried to do teleports involving anyone but me… I took out a notebook and a pencil.
- The teleport had taken weeks, if not months, out of their journey!
- His teleport was somewhat haphazard, and thus Justin fell on his backside as the fiery plume died away, leaving only Timothy's unflappably resilient carbide armor remaining where once the entire pack had been.
- Example sentences
- If that's my psychic ‘gift’ then I think I'd like to exchange it for being able to travel in time, becoming invisible or teleportation.
- In a few years, we will have quantum computers, and, if I understand the principles, a form of teleportation and faster than light communication.
- Isn't it about time someone invented teleportation?
Words that rhyme with teleportheliport
Definition of teleport in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India