- A device for transmitting telegraph messages as they are keyed, and for printing messages received.More example sentences
- Other developments included automatic teleprinters which could transmit messages at a rate of 100 words a minute, and facsimile facilities which could transmit war photographers' prints halfway round the world in seven minutes.
- Enigma was going well by this stage, but intelligence realised there must be another system when a stray teleprinter message was picked up by a listening post in Kent.
- The invention of the teletypewriter and its development of the teleprinter, linked to the telegraph system, added a further dimension to communications.
More definitions of teleprinterDefinition of teleprinter in:
- The British & World English dictionary