- A news and information service in the form of text and graphics, transmitted using the spare capacity of existing television channels to televisions with appropriate receivers.More example sentences
- At one time almost every satellite channel had its own teletext services providing programme news and backup as well as an opportunity for viewers to write in with feedback or merely ‘chat’.
- Digitizing the News begins with a description of the historical efforts of newspapers to explore electronic delivery with such technologies as teletext, videotex, fax, and telephone news services.
- This entertainment package consists of two 6.5-inch screens in the back seat, which can display television, teletext and, in some systems, DVDs.
More definitions of teletextDefinition of teletext in:
- The British & World English dictionary