- An enzyme that adds nucleotides to telomeres, especially in cancer cells.More example sentences
- Human cells have an additional barrier to unfettered replication - most lack the chromosome repair enzyme called telomerase that rat cells possess.
- Telomeres, the natural ends of linear chromosomes, are maintained by the specialized reverse transcriptase called telomerase.
- In eukaryotic cells with telomeres composed of short tandem repeats, this involves the enzyme telomerase.
More definitions of telomeraseDefinition of telomerase in:
- The British & World English dictionary