A temporary employee, typically an office worker who finds employment through an agency.
- After failing to land a job as a journalist, and brief stints as an office temp and clerk typist, Bass was demoralized and returned to North Carolina.
- Agency temps have the lowest rates of all employment categories.
- So we hired a temp from this agency that supposedly specializes in temps who respect diversity and can handle working in places like ours.
verb[no object] Back to top
Work as a temporary employee.
- The main increase in temp work has been in fixed-term contracts, which form about half of all temporary employment and agency temping.
- Mr Cassidy, who is currently temping, said: ‘Rewarding hard work is the best way to inspire determination and commitment.’
- I spent the next six years doing more temping.
- Dehydration, high body temperatures (some report temps over 106 degrees!), and increased heart rate are all common negative effects.
- This reduced the CPU temp to almost room temperature.
- Your geranium will do best if the day time temps are around 65 degrees with night temperature around 55.