2Of or relating to time.
- This issue explores some of the temporal and political dimensions of art.
- Ancient DNA provides a temporal dimension to the study of genetic variation.
- These spectres exist in different temporal dimensions.
2.1 Grammar Relating to or denoting time or tense.
- English has plenty of adjectives for modifying the temporal properties of nouns, including ‘former’, ‘recent’, and ‘forthcoming’.
- The meaning of the tense morphemes alone does not completely determine the temporal interpretation of a sentence.
- These meanings typically have to do with temporalor logical relations between the events described in the clauses.
- Example sentences
- It is difficult not to get temporally disoriented here.
- As the scenes move forward temporally the characters behave with slight differences to mark their maturity.
- A blog is bite-sized and temporally arranged.