2Of or relating to time.
- This issue explores some of the temporal and political dimensions of art.
- Ancient DNA provides a temporal dimension to the study of genetic variation.
- These spectres exist in different temporal dimensions.
2.1 Grammar Relating to or denoting time or tense.
- English has plenty of adjectives for modifying the temporal properties of nouns, including ‘former’, ‘recent’, and ‘forthcoming’.
- The meaning of the tense morphemes alone does not completely determine the temporal interpretation of a sentence.
- These meanings typically have to do with temporalor logical relations between the events described in the clauses.
Words that rhyme with temporalspatio-temporal
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan