- A fan-shaped muscle that runs from the side of the skull to the back of the lower jaw and is involved in closing the mouth and chewing.More example sentences
- There are thirty-two segments devoted to a particular muscle, such as the temporalis.
- The mass was palpable along the right temporalis muscle.
- The first masticatory jaw motions involve irregular contractions of both the masseter and temporalis muscles.
late 17th century: from late Latin.
More definitions of temporalisDefinition of temporalis in:
- The British & World English dictionary