Definition of tench in English:
noun (plural same)
A European freshwater fish of the minnow family, popular with anglers and widely introduced elsewhere, including several US states.
- Tinca tinca, family Cyprinidae
- This lake is mainly carp, with rudd, roach, eels and tench as back-up fish.
- Across the way on Acorn Lakes, carp, skimmers, tench and crucians can be found.
- The club has a lake stocked with fish such as perch, roach, tench, rudd, carp and pike.
Words that rhyme with tenchbackbench, bench, blench, clench, Dench, drench, entrench, French, frontbench, quench, stench, trench, wench, wrench
Definition of tench in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.