Definition of tendril in English:
1A slender threadlike appendage of a climbing plant, often growing in a spiral form, that stretches out and twines around any suitable support.
- Shoots were cut, divided into stems with broad leaves, tendrils, flowers, and fruits.
- The plant climbs by means of tendrils and is best grown in a composted soil supported by a fence or trellis.
- The plants produce an abundance of tendrils and can support themselves if planted about 1 inch apart.
1.1Something resembling a plant tendril, especially a slender curl or ringlet of hair.
- She is radiantly attired in a pink designer dress, with her hair curled in tendrils.
- Her hair was thrown in a slightly messy ponytail that let tendrils of golden tawny hair fall in curls around her face.
- Her rich, dark chocolate hair cascaded down her back in loose curled tendrils.
Words that rhyme with tendrilApril • Cyril • fibril • nombril
Definition of tendril in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.