Definition of tendu leaf in English:
The leaves of an Asian ebony tree, gathered in India as a cheap tobacco substitute.
- Diospyros melanoxylon, family Ebenaceae
- Bidis contain a relatively small amount of locally grown tobacco, smoked after being wrapped in a dry, tendu leaf.
- They earn 90-120 rupees every day, depending on the number of tendu leaf bundles they collect.
- They wrap the product in tendu leaf and much of the industry volume is hand rolled.
Definition of tendu leaf in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan