Definition of tendu leaf in English:
The leaves of an Asian ebony tree, gathered in India as a cheap tobacco substitute.
- Diospyros melanoxylon, family Ebenaceae
- Bidis contain a relatively small amount of locally grown tobacco, smoked after being wrapped in a dry, tendu leaf.
- They earn 90-120 rupees every day, depending on the number of tendu leaf bundles they collect.
- They wrap the product in tendu leaf and much of the industry volume is hand rolled.
Definition of tendu leaf in:
- British & World English dictionary