- The surgical cutting of a tendon, especially as a remedy for club foot.More example sentences
- A heel cord tenotomy is a minor surgery that can be done in the office and it takes 10-15 minutes.
- In flexor tendon tenotomy, a small incision is made behind each toe pad and a section of tendon is removed.
- The decision to repair these injuries acutely was based on data from treatment of chronic injury by tenotomy.
mid 19th century: coined in French from Greek tenōn 'tendon' + -tomia (see -tomy).
More definitions of tenotomyDefinition of tenotomy in:
- The British & World English dictionary