- 1Constituting number ten in a sequence; 10th: the tenth century the tenth of September the tenth-floor locker roomMore example sentences
- I love that he held a party to celebrate his tenth anniversary of being with Nigella.
- In the tenth century, small numbers of Irish and Scots settled on Iceland, bringing Christianity with them.
- We didn't go out on Saturday for our tenth wedding anniversary as Josie was still really sick.
- 1.1 (a tenth/one tenth) Each of ten equal parts into which something is or may be divided: a tenth of a secondMore example sentences
- In this exercise, the U.S. population is divided into tenths and represented by 10 students.
- Aren't you supposed to divide the bill into tenths?
- Yeah, your final grade was seven tenths of a percent higher than mine.
- 1.2The tenth grade of a school.More example sentences
- Most small villages have nursery schools and ‘middle’ schools that go up to eighth grade and sometimes tenth.
- The only time I had ever seen Belinda cry previously was when I was in ninth grade, she was in tenth, and her dad had died.
More definitions of tenthDefinition of tenth in:
- The British & World English dictionary