noun (plural teratomas or teratomata /-mətə/)Medicine
- A tumor composed of tissues not normally present at the site (the site being typically in the gonads).More example sentences
- To our knowledge, no similar tumor has been described in the ovary or in teratomas at any other site.
- The gastrointestinal tract is an unusual site for teratomas to occur.
- However, five of 19 animals developed teratomata; tumour formation being a major complication of embryonic stem cell transplantation.
More definitions of teratomaDefinition of teratoma in:
- The British & World English dictionary