Definition of terebinth in English:
A small southern European tree of the cashew family that was formerly a source of turpentine.
- Pistacia terebinthus, family Anacardiaceae
- But as the terebinth and oak leave stumps when they are cut down, so the holy seed will be the stump in the land.
- Further tests indicated the presence of resin from the terebinth tree, a Middle Eastern member of the cashew family.
- Many of them bring cheese, eggs, honey, nuts, terebinth seeds, terebinth soap, fruit and vegetables to sell, and vie for a pitch on the pavement.
Definition of terebinth in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan