- Either of two muscles passing below the shoulder joint from the scapula to the upper part of the humerus, one ( teres major) drawing the arm toward the body and rotating it inward, the other ( teres minor) rotating it outward.More example sentences
- I prefer a shoulder-width overhand grip to thicken the teres major and rhomboid muscles.
- Pronator teres is a band like, strong muscle that inserts onto the middle third of the shaft of the radius.
- She consulted another surgeon who performed a pronator teres release and discovered damage to her right arm.
early 18th century: modern Latin, from Latin, literally 'rounded'.
More definitions of teresDefinition of teres in:
- The British & World English dictionary