- The latest possible date for something.More example sentences
- This should provide a date of c.70 B.C. as a terminus ante quem non for this occupation layer.
- In fact, the chapter's conclusion only states a terminus a quo with any conviction, while his earlier confidence regarding a terminus ante quem seems to disappear unexplainably.
- This may well mark the arrival of the first copies for sale in America, and thus give an terminus ante quem for the publication of the completed set.
Latin, literally 'end before which'.
More definitions of terminus ante quemDefinition of terminus ante quem in:
- The British & World English dictionary