- Awesomeness or emotional intensity of conception and execution in an artist or work of art, originally as a quality attributed to Michelangelo by his contemporaries.More example sentences
- What the Renaissance called terribilità is not so different from what Burke meant by ‘the sublime.’
- The fierce look on David's face was called terribilità, or ‘awesome power,’ and would forever be associated with Michelangelo and his work.
- The fiery intensity of David's facial expression is termed terribilità, a feature characteristic of many of Michelangelo's figures and of his own personality.
More definitions of terribilitàDefinition of terribilità in:
- The British & World English dictionary