- 1 [usually as submodifier] Very; extremely: I’m terribly sorry it was all terribly frustratingMore example sentences
- She did love me, although I was so terribly selfish and awful to her.
- As a film, Cinderella Man is terribly weak, thoroughly sentimental and predictable.
- His inability to speak was terribly frustrating for him, and it just plain broke my heart.
- 2Very badly or unpleasantly: they beat me terribly
- 2.1Very greatly (used to emphasize something bad, distressing, or unpleasant): your father misses you terriblyMore example sentences
very much, greatly, a great deal, a lot• informal tons, loads, big time
- She says she missed her father terribly growing up, and now only sees him about twice a year.
- I loved my father, as I do now, and miss him terribly now he's gone.
- He was a lovely human being, a gentle giant and I will miss him terribly.