- In addition, there was a show of the Ullswater foxhounds and an open foxhound show; a show of various breeds of terriers along with gun dogs and children's pets.
- Those days in Ireland there were few breeds to choose from and the greyhound, Irish red setter, terrier and sheep dog were about as far as it went.
- The date is also traditionally the first day of hunting meets and foxhounds, lurchers, greyhounds, beagles, minkhounds, terriers and other hunting dogs will all be taken along to Higham.
- He was like a terrier, bounding along, whereas I was more like a snail - there was just so much to see at this site.
- She was like a terrier worrying an elk hound, charging in and pressing an attack so fast and furious he had no choice but to defend himself.
- Roche has worked like a terrier on the campaign, cancelling his summer holidays and launching a series of blistering broadsides on the No side.
Words that rhyme with terrierFerrier
Entry from British & World English dictionary
Late 15th century: from Old French terrier, from medieval Latin terrarius (liber) '(book) of land', from Latin terra 'earth'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.