- The waters under the jurisdiction of a state, especially the part of the sea within a stated distance of the shore (traditionally three miles from low-water mark).More example sentences
- Applying the above principles to the Jonathan Swift, it can only infringe when it is within our territorial waters.
- Jill Pettis said that fish do not know whether they are swimming into international waters or territorial waters.
- The Solway Harvester sank in the Irish Sea within the territorial waters of the Isle of Man on January 11.
More definitions of territorial watersDefinition of territorial waters in:
- The British & World English dictionary