- A baby conceived by in vitro fertilization.More example sentences
- First it was Robert Edwards, the British fertility expert who made possible the birth of the first test-tube baby, who suggested that cloning could one day be as acceptable as IVF.
- Researchers from the US implanted ovarian tissue into an infertile rhesus monkey, using one of the resulting eggs to produce a healthy test-tube baby.
- The development of sperm and foetus technology in terms of test-tube babies has brought endless joy to many thousands of people but it still remains an expensive option.
More definitions of test-tube babyDefinition of test-tube baby in:
- The British & World English dictionary