- A steroid hormone that stimulates development of male secondary sexual characteristics, produced mainly in the testes, but also in the ovaries and adrenal cortex.More example sentences
- Finally, the adrenal cortex produces the male sex hormone testosterone.
- The physiological consequences of taking testosterone and human growth hormone are not yet fully known.
- The male hormone, testosterone, also helps to keep the bones healthy.
More definitions of testosteroneDefinition of testosterone in:
- The British & World English dictionary