A dense colorless gas that is polymerized to make plastics such as polytetrafluoroethylene.
- Chemical formula: F2C=CF2
More example sentences
- The architects considered many options for the roof materials and finally chose an ultra-violet-stable fluoropolymer, ethylene tetrafluoroethylene, welded into cushions.
- The report states the listing is based on findings from laboratory animal studies of tetrafluoroethylene in which cancer was observed in multiple organs of multiple species following long-term inhalation exposures.
- The pyrolysis of tetrafluoroethylene was studied in the temperature and pressure range 300 to 455C and 25 to 760 torr.
More definitions of tetrafluoroethyleneDefinition of tetrafluoroethylene in:
- The British & World English dictionary