Definition of tetragonal in English:
Of or denoting a crystal system or three-dimensional geometric arrangement having three axes at right angles, two of them equal.
- Superb, equant tetragonal crystals occur on quartz in the junction pockets.
- The crystals are typically tetragonal dipyramids with pinacoids.
- Narsarsukite is another tetragonal mineral that can show a tetragonal prismatic habit, particularly when it develops in open cavities.
- Example sentences
- In addition, Tetragonocrinus has tetragonally positioned accessory canals along the column.
- The secondary thermal aging process requiring tight manufacturing controls for proper microstructural development has limited the supplier base for the tetragonally toughened zirconias.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan