Of or denoting a crystal system or three-dimensional geometric arrangement having three axes at right angles, two of them equal.
More example sentences
- Superb, equant tetragonal crystals occur on quartz in the junction pockets.
- The crystals are typically tetragonal dipyramids with pinacoids.
- Narsarsukite is another tetragonal mineral that can show a tetragonal prismatic habit, particularly when it develops in open cavities.
- More example sentences
- In addition, Tetragonocrinus has tetragonally positioned accessory canals along the column.
- The secondary thermal aging process requiring tight manufacturing controls for proper microstructural development has limited the supplier base for the tetragonally toughened zirconias.