Definition of tetraplegia in English:
Another term for quadriplegia.
- Less commonly, cerebral palsy takes the form of a hypotonic tetraplegia, with no spasticity, when the child has a mobility problem but with floppy muscles.
- Five subjects with paraplegia and 4 with tetraplegia participated in the clinical treatment protocol.
- All too often, quadriplegia (or tetraplegia as it is now referred to) is innocently confused with paraplegia, a condition where only the lower limbs are affected.
- Example sentences
- A tetraplegic woman on a ventilator made legal history last week when she became the first patient in the United Kingdom to go to court in a bid to have the ventilator switched off.
- In the letter, he revealed that he was a tetraplegic, meaning he suffered from severe disabilities, believed to have been caused by a car accident a few years ago.
- Then he broke his neck and became a tetraplegic, paralysed from the waist down, and with some loss of use of his arms as well.
Pronunciation: /ˌtetrəˈplējik/adjective& noun
Definition of tetraplegia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.