Entry from British & World English dictionary
A form of poker in which each player is dealt two cards face down and combines these with any of five community cards to make the best available five-card hand.
- Stephen Hendry first switched me on to the form of poker called Texas Hold 'Em.
- Dozens of books have been published in the past few months promising to help the reader clean up at Texas Hold 'Em.
- In Texas Hold 'Em two aces are the best cards to start with.
A poker game in which players compose their hands from cards dealt to them combined with community cards dealt face up and shared among them.
- Four comedians square off over the felt at Sydney's Star City casino, playing Texas hold 'em poker with sponsor's money, with the winnings going to charity.
- A few of the smaller tables had been set around the room to serve a tables for card games, and Haito saw that Kim, John, and old mechanic were playing an intense game of what looked to be Texas hold 'em.
- You can play the ever popular Texas hold 'em, select between tables, and chat with other players.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.