- A German silver coin.More example sentences
- This was a deal whereby the Junkers agreed to grant Frederick William 530,000 thalers in return for them having the right to rule their estates as they wished, free from any interference from Frederick William.
- The silver to make thalers was churned out at the great mine at Joachimsthal (now Jachymov, in what is now the Czech Republic).
- If thaler got its name from the town where it was first minted, the British pound is a testimonial to the times when a coin was the standardised weight of a metal, and the name of the coin reflected the weight in some way.
German, earlier form of Taler (see dollar).
More definitions of thalerDefinition of thaler in:
- The British & World English dictionary