- A plant that consists of a thallus.More example sentences
- From the mid 17th century, the meaning changed to that now current, by which yeast refers to a single-celled plant, a thallophyte and one of the lowest members of the vegetable kingdom along with algae, lichens, and fungi.
- The dark phosphate bed of Weng'an contains a well-preserved, diverse floral assemblage including multicellular thallophytes, acritarchs, and cyanophytes.
- The plant form of the thallophytes is an undifferentiated thallus lacking true roots, stems, and leaves.
- More example sentences
- They found that water in the pond had a dark green color due to the limited oxygen content which led to an excessive presence of thallophytic plants and seaweed.
- This relationship required water for fertilization, so this group grew close to the ground, often preserving the thallophytic structure.
- Fungicides, on the other hand, are employed to protect crops and other desirable vegetation from fungi, such as rusts, mildew, scale, smuts, and other deleterious thallophytic growths.
More definitions of thallophyteDefinition of thallophyte in:
- The British & World English dictionary