Definition of thankful in English:
1Pleased and relieved: [with clause]: they were thankful that the war was finally over [with infinitive]: I was very thankful to be alive
More example sentences
- I was thankful for the light so I could see but glad it was just enough to see and not blind me.
- I am very thankful for the contribution and support of everyone at the meeting.
- I hold my babies tight and I am thankful for every moment I have with them.
- Example sentences
- The intended spirit of the ancient festival is one of gentleness and thankfulness, paying respect to elders and showing appreciation for the gift of life-giving water.
- They thanked him for the references he had supplied, and graciously he acknowledged their thankfulness though he could not remember any assistance; was this a problem?
- We are able to perceive a tone of gratitude and thankfulness for Carver's willingness to share his scientific largesse with the surrounding community.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan