- 1Of or relating to the healing of disease: diagnostic and therapeutic facilitiesMore example sentences
- He drafted a Bill to do just that, but to allow therapeutic cloning for disease research.
- It is an energy-based therapeutic approach to healing, which uses a variety of techniques to treat the human energy system.
- It banned a drug which had considerable therapeutic value and was far less harmful than many other medicines.
- 1.1Administered or applied for reasons of health: a therapeutic shampooMore example sentences
- And the latter had recently announced that plastic surgery, except for specifically therapeutic reasons, was a sin.
- There are very sound therapeutic reasons for docking lambs' tails that certainly do not apply to dogs.
- He pierced her amniotic sac, making a therapeutic abortion necessary.
- 1.2Having a good effect on the body or mind; contributing to a sense of well-being: a therapeutic silenceMore example sentences
- Paradoxically it is this smell that contributes to the therapeutic effect of garlic on the body.
- It is believed that swimming with dolphins has a therapeutic effect.
- Some brands of yogurt contain sufficient quantities of viable organisms to have a therapeutic effect.
nounBack to top
- 1 (therapeutics) The branch of medicine concerned with the treatment of disease and the action of remedial agents.More example sentences
- Finally, therapeutics, which addresses asthma prevention, disease modification, and reversal of underlying mechanisms, are of particular need and importance.
- More example sentences
- ‘People with multiple sclerosis can be aided by early intervention and proper ongoing medical and therapeutical care,’ she said.
- According to the military court, the act of dunking a drunk's head in cold water ‘is intended to subdue or revive rather than to chastise; therapeutical rather than degredational.’
- During the development of the prototype the team conferred with various medical and therapeutical institutions to ensure that it met medical requirements.
- More example sentences
- Thus, it is not just the visual contents of the photographs themselves that are so therapeutically important, but also everything that happens while the client is interacting with them.
- It is apparently used therapeutically as an anticholinergic.
- Some people use it therapeutically for conditions like arthritis and other diseases that cause painful joints, for digestive problems, and for skin problems.
- ( • archaic )More example sentences
- The value of vitamins in the diet has been a burning subject among research chemists and therapeutists alike.
- She called the therapeutist but he couldn't hear her.
- The therapeutic relationship excludes any other form of relationship between the therapeutist and his patient.
mid 17th century: via modern Latin from Greek therapeutikos, from therapeuein 'minister to, treat medically'.